Хеннет Аннун Властелин Колец: Аннотация к саундтрекуХоббит: проект Нежданный БуклетНовая Зеландия, или Туда и обратно      

Вернуться   Хеннет Аннун > Совет Мудрых (ОСНОВНОЙ ФОРУМ)

Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:08   #1
Water Lily
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 11
Пресса - LotR Cast & Crew

DUSTIN HOFFMAN BACKS MIRROR CAMPAIGN Feb 7 2003

By Fiona Cummins

DUSTIN HOFFMAN yesterday topped the list of celebrities backing the Daily Mirror campaign to stop an attack on Iraq without UN endorsement.

In a stinging attack on George Bush the Oscar-winning actor said: "The most painful aspect of 9/11 is the way the administration has taken its events and manipulated the grief of my country. Where is the aggression from Iraq?" He accused Bush of hoodwinking people about the reasons for war, saying: "I believe it is really about money, oil, power and suits."

Launching a tirade against power-hungry politicians, Hoffman, 65, said: "They make you believe the lie. For them, the most important aspect is being re-elected and when that is the goal, all bets are off with the truth.

"We are being stampeded into something and nothing seems be able to stop it.

Adding his signature to the 182,000 names on the Daily Mirror's Not In Our Name petition, he added: "The Iraq issue has made me increasingly angry. We are not being told the truth. but we still have a chance to change things. Voices have to be heard. War should not be inevitable."

Two Lord of the Rings stars signed our petition - Andy Serkis, who plays evil Gollum and Dominic Monaghan, who plays Hobbit Merry.

Serkis, 38, fears for the life of cousins in Iraq. He said: "I'm worried. My family's homes were bombed to smithereens last time and it will happen again. I hope your campaign makes people sit up and take notice."

Other stars signing our petition included Samantha Morton, named best British actress at the Empire Film Awards for her part in Minority Report, Oscar-winner Benicio del Torro and comedian Steve Coogan.

Author Jilly Cooper also backed our campaign. She said: "We lose the moral high ground if we crash in before the UN gives the word."
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:15   #2
jinx

Лайки: 0
все это замечательно, если бы еще к ним кто прислушивался
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:17   #3
Water Lily

Странно, что Вигго не с ними.

jinx, а что помимо этого они могут сделать?
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:24   #4
jinx

Вигго нет потому что петиция подписывалась в Великобритании и подписи ставили граждане Британии
и к сожалению ты прав ничего с ЭТИМ ЗЛОМ поделать они не могут
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:29   #5
Water Lily

Цитата:
автор оригинала jinx
Вигго нет потому что петиция подписывалась в Великобритании
А Хофман?
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:31   #6
jinx

он живет и работает сейчас в Лондоне
Старый 11.02.2003, 02:34   #7
Water Lily

А я подумала, для Вигго недостаточно радикально поставлен вопрос - "против войны без санкции ООН". Голливудская кампания, если не ошибаюсь, категоричнее, против воийны в Ираке в любом случае.
Старый 11.02.2003, 10:58   #8
hinotf

Лайки: 13
молодцы!!!!!!
Старый 11.03.2003, 21:41   #9
Water Lily

Забавная статейка о Марке Ордески.
Page # 2

Последний раз редактировалось Water Lily; 11.03.2003 в 21:53.
Water Lily вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19.03.2003, 20:47   #10
Water Lily

Two Towers’ Cast and Crew Speak Out on War and Peace, Good and Evil

Cliff Vaughn
12-13-02
Editor’s Note: EthicsDaily.com’s Cliff Vaughn recently attended a press junket for “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers,” which starts Dec. 18. Vaughn and other religion writers (including those from Focus on the Family and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association) screened the film and interviewed cast and crew members. More LOTR stories will appear today and Monday, and the movie review will appear Wednesday.

Stories of actor Viggo Mortensen’s appearance on “The Charlie Rose Show” wafted through the Regency Hotel on Park Avenue in New York City on Dec. 4.

Mortensen had been in town with other cast and crew members of “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” for a press junket. The night before, Mortensen, who plays Aragorn, Elijah Wood, who plays Frodo Baggins, and director Peter Jackson and had appeared on Rose’s show.

Mortensen had sported a shirt that read, “No more blood for oil,” and spent several minutes criticizing U.S. foreign policy.

Mortensen had to leave the junket, but those who remained to face a roundtable of religion writers were willing to talk about their own views of war and peace, good and evil.

With those themes resonating throughout the work of J.R.R. Tolkien—Lord of the Rings author and veteran of the Battle of the Somme—everyone had an opinion.

“In a curious way, there is such a resonance between what Tolkien is talking about and where we are today,” said John Rhys-Davies, the 58-year-old Englishman who plays Gimli, the dwarf.

“Tolkien knows that every few hundred years or so there comes a challenge to a generation where you can lose it all—your way of life, your civilization,” he said. “And if you do not have unity, courage and a willingness to sacrifice yourself, you can lose it all.”

“I think all of Tolkien’s themes are important,” said director Peter Jackson, 41, from New Zealand. “I think they’re very timeless. It’s depressing, in reality. It’s depressing that 50 years after he wrote this book—he wrote it during World War II—the world really hasn’t moved on. And I suspect 50 years from now it won’t be much different. It makes them timeless, but it also is all a little bit depressing, really.”

Rhys-Davies talked freely and at length about a potential war with Iraq, which he thought was inevitable.

“Tolkien is aware of the presence of evil,” Rhys-Davies said. “And evil is a very unfashionable thing to talk about in our time. It makes everyone squirm.”

Dominic Monaghan, 26, from Manchester, England, plays the hobbit Merry. He told the roundtable that he and other members of the cast had given the issue a lot of thought.

“The term ‘good versus evil’ is a confusing thing for me because I don’t know if the lines can be drawn that easily,” he said. “They’re kind of blurred. I’m sure there are different countries around the world that have considered both Billy and myself’s country evil.”

Monaghan was referring to Billy Boyd, his 34-year-old co-star from Glasgow, Scotland, who plays Merry’s friend and fellow hobbit, Pippin.

“It’s just an upsetting kind of world to live in,” Monaghan said. “I’ve never really experienced this kind of conflict before. I’ve always lived in a peaceful kind of time. It is confusing and it is upsetting. But I don’t really know if the term ‘good versus evil’ is appropriate. It’s just two different cultures clashing together.”

When one reporter asked Rhys-Davies if he believed in God, he said, in his youth, he had doubted the existence of a personal God, but that recent events (like having an accident on a film set in Croatia) had led him to believe that God was trying to get his attention.

However, Rhys-Davies said, “life experience has asserted the existence of a devil. Wherever men get together and lose sight of their humanity, they will create a devil beyond belief.”

Billy Boyd was quiet and pensive as he talked about good and evil, war and peace. “I think war is always awful, and I don’t know what the other options are,” he said. “If you feel as though something awful is happening somewhere, what do you do? Because war always seems to be the wrong thing, but I don’t know what the other thing to do is.”

Rhys-Davies pointed a way forward: “In a way we need the spirituality of the elf. We need the earthy, indestructible quality of the dwarf,” he said. “Above all, we need the great and good, simple heart of the hobbit, and we must aspire to be the king that has yet to come into his place.”

Monaghan, on the other hand, was much more straightforward.

“Trying to get everybody to just calm down would be a great way forward,” he said.
Старый 19.03.2003, 22:33   #11
Крошка

люди, кто бы перевел. я вот немецкий 10 лет учила, давайте я может буду немецкие статьи переводить,(если есть ссылки) а английские кто-то еще. а то АБЫДНО.

Но миг свиданья вновь настал, как рок сулил, и с этих пор
На том пути, что их призвал, они не разнимали рук.....(с)

Дневник

Сайт СЭиЛ

Крошка вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.04.2003, 03:33   #12
Rika

Просто забавная информация.

Посмотрите на британского актера, который едва не сыграл Бильбо в ВК. Он был одним из основных претендентов на эту роль и уступил тольку Йену Хольму.

Зовут его Sylvester McCoy. Известен дома в основном по фантастическому телесериалу Doctor Who.
Изображения
Тип файла: jpg darkdr.jpg (58.0 Кб, 41 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось Rika; 14.04.2003 в 03:35.
Rika вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.04.2003, 06:50   #13
Masha Klim

Лайки: 34
А что, похож! По-моему, этот актер тоже похож на Бильбо. И на Хольма тоже, кстати, похож. Вот разве что грусть в глазах... не уверена, что "бильбовская".
Masha Klim вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.04.2003, 15:37   #14
Emi

Лайки: 1,087
Знаешь,перед уходом, у него как раз и могла быть грусть в глазах...
Хольмовский Бильбо мне казался немного нервным ( очень интересно гадать,что бы было, если бы...)
Старый 14.04.2003, 17:03   #15
Water Lily

Он очень добродушный. У Холма мне как раз очень нравится нервность и неоднозначный блеск в глазах.