Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 09.09.2002, 09:22   #11
Tauriel
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 0
Я могу попытаться перевести диалоги Берена с Финродом. Ну нравятся они мне! Вот отрывочек, как образец моей работы. Кто догадается, откуда это?

- Beren, I was not Nom, “The Wise”, at that time. I was just Artafindё, loved by everybody, respected by no one. Except friend Melkor, of course. And friend Melkor missed no chance to sing me praises of how talented and clever I was and how others were blind if they did not notice that.
- And you believed him?
- Who would have tasted poison if it wasn’t sweet? I did, certainly. Besides, most of his words were true. The most dangerous lie of all, Beren, is truth.
- I thought truth and lie were different things…
Finrod’s face suddenly became harsh. He leant against the table and bent forward to Beren.
- Beren, if I say that you’re an ignorant savage, a thug and a beggar, whose days are barren like ashes, would that be truth or lie?
Even with a sudden slap in the face Finrod could hardly offend and amaze him more.
- And you can be cruel, my lord, - Beren shook his head in shock.
- No. I can be severe. There is difference between the executioner’s cruelty and the severity of a healer who cuts off the infected flesh. Sooner or later somebody will tell you the words I have told, not to show how easily the same things can prove to be truth or lie, but just to insult you.
Tauriel вне форума   Ответить с цитированием