Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 04.12.2004, 20:17   #19
Rika
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 0
Еще одна рецения зрителя, на этот раз с CoE:

RotK Review - SEE (Minor Spoilers)

For those of us who have in invested so much time and interest in these films, we have finally crossed the finish line… ROTK SEE has arrived.

And it is spectacularly good.

While Jackson has taken many departures from book canon (particularly in TTT and RotK), the end result is still a fantastically entertaining story, gorgeously shot and well-acted, containing the most epic and realistic battle and creatures special effects of any film to date.

The TE of RotK was great, but the SEE is much better. Here is why:
-- All the characters get more filling:
--Faramir is now fully Tolkien’s Faramir.
--Theoden’s arc as a still-self-doubting king (“a lesser son of greater sires“ according to Saruman) that finds the courage to lead his people is given better, clearer emphasis.
--Merry and Eowyn get more character moments.
--Legolas gets to recite some good Tolkien prose in several places.
--Denethor can be seen as more of a grief-ridden madman rather than an evil character.

--The choppy, rushed feeling of the Post-Pellenor to Mt. Doom sequence in the TE, now feels longer and more arduous (for the characters, not the audience [the interluding scenes are very brief]).

--The major battles all have slight additions - which makes them feel even more epic and exciting.

-- Major Spoiler: We get a 1-second glimpse of Sauron (in prologue armor) using his Palantir!

My favorite additions:

In the Company of Orcs. I thought it was very well done. I had no problem with F&S slipping into a tent after inciting infighting among the orcs in their column. There were tents and orcs all over the place... it doesn't seem unrealistic to me that two small orcs could slip out of the commander's view in that siutation.

The Decline of Gondor: Now a favorite scene in the film (SEE and TE). A really terrific monologue by Gandalf over gorgeous aerial shots of Minas Tirith.

Mouth of Sauron: Very different from what I imagined in reading the book, but I like PJ's take on it. He wasn't there to negotiate a peace, as in the book, but to spew poisoned words at the Captains. I would have beheaded him as well.

Crossroads: Beautiful scene.

Faramir and Denethor: Arguing over what Boromir would have done... great scene.

This film is just, plain awesome.
Rika вне форума   Ответить с цитированием