Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 23.06.2021, 23:44   #188254
Slavyanka
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 21,910
Во, тоже поржала над "бесхитростный"
На фразе ...порадоваться роли вонючего гнома... упала с дивана. На днях в приватной беседе как раз ржали по поводу вонючести
"Я попытаюсь снять по ней телесериал"
Сериал? СЕРИАЛ??!!! *отфейсалмившись* Слушайте, это даже прикольно - что у него получится из таковской... кгхм... книжечки?))
Девочки, спасибо вам!
*шепотом* на случай, если решитесь переводить и то кривое, ставшее выпрямленным, есть транскрипт:
Интервью Ричарда Армитиджа "Радио Таймс"

Richard Armitage can’t quite believe just how prescient Anton Chekov was. Uncle Vanya, he thinks, could have been written yesterday. The 49-year-old actor who stars in a filmed version of the recent West End production of Chekov’s masterpiece in which he appeared with Toby Jones, says the playwright’s prophetic qualities really began to crystallise soon after the play opened at the Harold Pinter Theatre in January last year just as the world was first gripped by the pandemic.

Armitage, who plays Astrov, a doctor who is troubled by the suffering he has witnessed, recalls, “Early on in the play, Astrov has a speech about ministering to patients during an epidemic. He talks about seeing people dying on the floor in barns and bodies piling up. At the time, I was doing loads of improvisation because I had no idea what that looked like.”

And then, “In the last two weeks of the production before we shut down in March, we started to see these images coming in from Italian hospitals. I would start this speech, and you’d hear this slight intake of breath from the audience, it was exactly what everyone had been watching, in real time on the news, ten minutes before setting foot in the theatre. This fear had suddenly risen in everybody.”

That is not the only area in which Chekov was astonishingly far-sighted. The 1898 play, which is adapted by Conor McPherson and focuses on the crumbling lives and unrequited loves of Astrov, Vanya (Toby Jones) and Sonya (Aimee Lou Wood), features another impassioned speech by the doctor – this time about how brutal deforestation is destroying the world. This theme, too, could have been ripped from today’s headlines.

Armitage says few could credit the topicality of this strand of the play. “What’s really interesting is that even some of the reviewers felt like Conor had crowbarred in a very modern message to try and bring the play up to date. However, when you go back to the original text, Chekov was in fact writing about this 123 years ago. He was surrounded by a whole movement of people who were vegetarian and who would gather and talk about the damage that human beings were doing by deforesting Russia.

“I was so astonished that they knew about this more than a century ago. He says, ‘In 150 years, people are going to look back on us and say, why didn’t they do something then?’ Chekov’s prescience is really remarkable.”

To research this aspect of Astrov’s personality, Armitage went to Tring in Hertfordshire to help with a Woodland Trust project to plant one million trees in a day. The actor admits, “Sometimes people think these exercises are irrelevant or pretentious, but as well as being a fun day out, I found it really useful.”

He has previous experience when it comes to researching roles in depth, and attracted a lot of attention when in 2008, as part of his preparation for the part of MI5 agent Lucas North in Spooks, he asked to be water-boarded himself.

Armitage now puts that down to youthful eagerness., “Considering one of my greatest fears is deep-water drowning, I just don’t know why I would have put myself through that! I lasted about 30 seconds before I pulled the cloth off my face. Maybe it was one step too far. I think today I might just use my imagination! Weirdly, people thought that is was some kind of publicity stunt, but it really wasn’t. It was genuinely me thinking it would help.” The insurer’s probably have something to say about it, too? “Yes, you’re barely allowed out of your trailer these days.”

He is currently in production on Stay Close, his second adaptation of a Harlan Coben novel for Netflix after The Stranger, although Armitage, who hails from Leicestershire, started out as a dancer in musicals such as Cats, 42nd Street, and Annie Get Your Gun. Might he ever go back to musical theatere?

The actor feels that the time may be right. “I think people right now are going to need to be uplifted, entertained, warmed and heartened. I think they want to sing and dance and clap. Yes, part of me would love to go back and do a musical.”

In person, Armitage is charming and witty, and laughs a lot. He is also appealingly modest, downplaying his fame in a very British way. “I go out half-washed, looking pretty raggle-taggle because I think no one will recognise me. Then someone will pull me aside and go, ‘I loved you in The Stranger’ and that really warms my heart. But I also think, ‘Oh God, I should have brushed my hair. I look a complete mess!’.

This feels far from the brooding image he has frequently been saddled with. “I’m often asked to channel misery” he says. “I don’t know why because I’m not a miserable person! But producers ask me, ‘Will you come and play this terribly miserable role?’”

The other type of role that Armitage is invariably invited to play is the action hero. Does Armitage see himself in that macho light? “I never did, but somehow the industry did. I’m the most pacifist person you could ever meet, but I’ve always been asked to point a gun at somebody and punch somebody in the face, which has always baffled me. I must give off this aroma of violence!

I think it probably something to do with my build, and maybe I’ve got quite an angry-looking face. In another universe, there is a version of me that is a light-hearted comedic actor in romcoms. But in this universe, I’m that action guy.”

However, his legions of fans may be disappointed by the news that the actor is handing back his action-man credentials. “I’m hitting 50 this year, and I think maybe I won’t be taking my shirt off and throwing punches anymore. I think I’ve probably got something else to offer in the next decade.”

So he can confirm it is official that he will no longer be talking his shirt off? “Absolutely – unless the part requires saggy breasts and a fat belly!”

Доброй ночи)

Последний раз редактировалось Slavyanka; 24.06.2021 в 06:50.
Slavyanka вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Slavyanka получил(а) за это сообщение 8 лайков от: